::our.little.corner::

.:|home on the range|:.

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

The Perfect Day


The Backroad
Originally uploaded by Contrails.
I can't wait for fall. It is my absolute most favorite season ever. I hear the colors aren't as bright here, so maybe they'll be better in Colorado Springs. I found this picture on Flickr today. Flickr is so great. This reminds me of when Josh and I were engaged and we lived in Bellaire, Michigan. That was one of the happiest times in my life. I woke up this morning to a chilly, rainy day and suddenly had a longing for fall. Street fairs, sweaters, orchards, pumpkins (which there are some growing in our backyard, planted by the previous pastors that lived here), carmel apples, cool breezes, the smell of leaves, bonfires, hayrides... I love all of it. I even like winter. Until after Christmas, then it can just all go away. The opening scenes in "You've Got Mail" are all about fall. Talking about it, telling each other why they love it so much. Bouquets of freshly sharpened pencils! I would love to be in NYC for fall. I've never been there, but if I could go, I'd go in the fall. There is also the scene when Joe is taking his brother and aunt to the street fair, and the street is covered in leaves, they're dressed in sweaters, and I want to be there with them! A perfect "season" day for me would be grey, a little bit of a breeze, colorful trees so vibrant they look like paintings (and they do in Northern Michigan), and a drive to an orchard. Or just sitting on a bench with my journal. It also reminds me of walking on campus at IWU. Aren't those great memories, for all of us IWU alum? I can't wait for fall!

3 Comments:

Blogger Hummel Family said...

I am so glad I came across your blog! I miss you guys. I love hearing about Ellie...she sounds like fun. Too bad she doesn't live near us, so she could play with our daughter, Caislyn. I'm sure they would be buddies. You'll have to check out our new blog! We are finally up with the times.

Love
JoEllen (and Burke) Hummel

12:08 AM  
Blogger D&K said...

it was so great to get to talk to you tonight at praise gathering! know that we will be praying for you as you serve the Lord! i'm anxious to share ministry experiences with you!

in HIS grip,
kate kinnan
katekinnan@hotmail.com

10:50 PM  
Blogger Nick Benoit said...

So sad I missed the two of you. Next time, eh? By the way, I'm going to add you to my friends list. It's good to stay posted on what you're up to.

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home