::our.little.corner::

.:|home on the range|:.

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Unexpected changes - Big blessings!



Kindergarten starts in 6 days. We have the school supplies, we've ordered a backpack with her initials on it. We have all the info. But I'm still nervous! I feel so unprepared!!
However, a few things have happened that have lessened that concern. I left my full time job last Thursday - completely unexpected, and under the impression that I already had a great part time job waiting for me! I found out late Friday night that the new job is on hold - indefinitely. Ok, faith! Time to kick in! I had been praying about being home with Ellie when she starts school, about how great it would be to have a few days with her at home before she goes. It was all just in the back of my head... and now it's reality! I didn't like my job at all, and had prayed forever about a solution. I truly think this is an answer to prayer. I have a total peace about it all, and although I know it will challenging to figure out finances until I hear about this possible part time job. I'm loving being at home with my big girl until Monday! We have an "All-School Dress Rehearsal" this Friday, where she gets to meet her teacher and see her classroom. I think that will put my mind at ease as well!
I'm excited about catching up with all my friends in blogger land!! I think I'm back for now.. : )

4 Comments:

Blogger Tony and Rett said...

Awww, our baby is growing up!! As soon as I pulled up your page, I got all teary-eyed. Tony thought it was a great picture of Ellie too. We miss you guys tons!

Be sure to pack her a special lunch that first day with a little I love you note inside. I still remember those notes from my mom. I actually still have some of them too! What a fun day to prepare for! It's the first day of the rest of her school career! HOW EXCITING!

Take care and update us with pictures of her big day!!!

8:20 PM  
Blogger Luke said...

good to hear from you again.
hope it all works out.

12:57 AM  
Blogger Josh Garlow said...

that last comment was from ME, not Luke.
Sorry about that. Luke was signed onto my computer from a couple of nights ago and I didn't know it.
Ha.

12:59 AM  
Blogger mi*chelle said...

Too cute!! We enter 1st grade here at the Monize household...

God will supply your needs, and I am really glad you get to be home for a while to "ease in to it." :)

God bless!
Michelle

11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home