::our.little.corner::

.:|home on the range|:.

Monday, August 13, 2007

Ellie's First Day of School!





Ellie's first day of Kindergarten started great!! We got to the school, where there were hundreds of kids gathered around the front doors looking for their teachers holding signs with their names. We found her class, and the principal had the older kids "clap in" the kindergartners. It was the cutest thing. We followed Ellie's teacher, Ms. Davis, up to the Kindergarten playground, and hung her backpack and snack bag up on a hook. All the kids got name tags. Ellie asks me, "Mommy, are you leaving now?" And I said, "No, I'll be here for a few minutes." She proceeds to say, "You can go now! You have to go!" This is so funny, because it's almost identical to what I said to my mom the first day of preschool. I remember it vividly. All the kids gathered around on the carpet and Ms. Davis had all the kids sing two songs, "Twinke, Twinkle Little Star" and "The Itsy Bitsy Spider". She played her guitar one song. Then she read a book called "The Kissing Hand" about a little raccoon who was afraid to go to school, so his mom kissed his hand and told him that if he missed her, he could kiss his hand and he would feel like she was close. Then she said goodbye to all the parents, and Ellie ran up and gave me a hug and said, "Have fun today, Mommy!" And then I left! I couldn't have asked for anything better. It's so weird being home by myself. I'm not used to it! It's GREAT!! This morning couldn't have been more perfect.

6 Comments:

Blogger kristenlea47 said...

Do they have to wear standard dress to school?

5:55 PM  
Blogger Josh and Cammie Delph said...

Nope, they wear whatever they want! Within reason, of course..

3:08 PM  
Blogger Moosler said...

Sounds like a neat school and a neat teacher. That makes it so much easier when you know they're in good hands.

12:20 AM  
Blogger kristenlea47 said...

Sorry about the standard dress comment. I thought Josh might get a kick out of that, because she really was wearing standard dress on her first day! Woo hoo!

8:50 PM  
Blogger Tony and Rett said...

TOO beautiful that little girl is!!

I'm going to go cry now...she's all grown up!

9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember Cammie telling me to go home also on her first day of preschool. All the kids were crying and Cammie just wanted to get on with it.
When Cammie was in Riley Hospital (for Perthes disease) the nurses said she was the most secure child they had ever seen.
Ellie's school looks so nice and I know she will do great.

Miss you all,
Love, MOM Karla

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home