::our.little.corner::

.:|home on the range|:.

Friday, August 05, 2005

They grow so fast!





I can't believe she's so big that we're already thinking about preschool. She's 3 1/2, and it's time, I guess! Most people I know didn't go to preschool until they were 4, but I know she'd love it. The social interaction with other kids alone would be great for her. It seems like you can never prepare yourself enough for how quickly they grow up. I'm still getting over the fact that she doesn't need bottles, almost doesn't need sippy cups anymore! She can pretty much hold her own with a regular cup if I only fill it halfway. She still sleeps in a crib ( I know some people think this is wierd ), but friends of mine with older children say if she's not climbing out, don't put her in a big girl bed yet! We can have regular conversations with her now. She says pretty much whatever she wants. Sometimes she gets her words mixed arouond, but you can still understand what she's saying. She can put her shoes on by herself and she can almost dress herself. I am not ready for her to be 4 yet! And I know it will come quickly. She knows her ABC's, she can count to 10, knows all her shapes and colors, and can pick up words to songs in a heartbeat. She knows all the words to "You Raise Me Up" because Josh and I practiced it in the car for an hour on the way to a wedding! She loves FFH, especially "You Found Me". Hates Barney (thank goodness) and loves the Doodlebops. She likes to "do" mommy's hair with her pretend curling iron and blowdryer. She tells me, "Now sit still! I'm almost done! Look at me!" It's so amazing that in 3 short years she has developed into her own little person with likes and dislikes, favorite songs and movies, and is almost ready for school. It's a little sad for me when she sees a baby and says, "Look mommy, a baby!" And I think to myself, "NO! You're supposed to be the baby!" And even though she's barely in 2T clothes, she's not a baby anymore! Now if we can just get her potty trained......

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is absolutely adorable! What a blessing for you guys!!

2:39 PM  
Blogger Hummel Family said...

Cutie pie! We need to somehow get Ellie and Caislyn together! They'd love on eachother!

Love ya

10:40 PM  
Blogger About Brandon said...

Great pics! -Brandon & Jennifer

10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cammers! I just realized that I don't have to have an account to post here--yay :) Your little girl is so precious...if you folks are ever in the upper midwest, let me know; I'd love to see you!

4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ellie is so darling. I will say again that I am not sure one is enough for me when you make em so beautiful! :) All this growing up talk makes my heart heavy. Lukas is only 5 months but I already feel like I can't blink or soak it up enough. I just had to go buy size 3 diapers and I feel so sad. But at the same time I can't wait for all the landmarks that Ellie has now passed. Oh the joys of children...I am learning so quickly how something so wonderful can also make you want to cry. So glad to see pictures of Miss Ellie. Keep em coming.
Lacy

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home