::our.little.corner::

.:|home on the range|:.

Friday, November 18, 2005

There are simply no words

So, Ellie and I landed in Indy on the 9th at 12:45pm. I was in the ER at 11:30 that night with excruciating stomach pain, which turned out to be my gall bladder. I had surgery the next morning. Not 24 hours after being on the soil of my homeland. My gall bladder was a mess, I'll spare you the details, but Josh ended up joining us on this fun adventure. He flew out this past Monday. The good news is, we'll be with our family for Thanksgiving. I'm having some strange complications, and my next Dr. appointment is on Monday. They aren't letting me leave until I'm better. Who knows when I'll return to Kansas. I feel ok, but I do have a drainage tube in my side.. not normal. Doesn't feel right. I hope to get that taken out on Monday. If I'm not better by Monday, they might have to do another surgery. I'll give details if they're wanted, in an email, I'm sure since a lot of people just got squeamish with the term "drainage tube". To wrap it up, our Indiana trip is extended until further notice.

6 Comments:

Blogger D&K said...

Oh my! We are praying for strength and quick healing, and thankful that you were "back home" at least when the unexpected and unwanted occured. Please keep us updated!

Love,
David, Katy, and Hayden

10:34 PM  
Blogger Josh Garlow said...

HOLY BUCKETS!

11:03 AM  
Blogger Brock said...

EEEEEW GROSS!!! I'm really dissapointed there weren't any pictures on this post. It would have helped me shed some unwanted pounds WITHOUT sticking my finger down my throat.

Hope you get better, and we're praying for you!

Brock

7:29 PM  
Blogger Hummel Family said...

Oh my! We're thinking of you! Keep us posted.

JoEllen

8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Guys! Hope you're home now...we haven't heard what the outcome of Monday's appointment was. It was great to see you at Thanksgiving! Oh, what a day that was!! We just wanted to let you know that we listened to your originals and they sound awesome! Great job and keep up the good work!! (We'll buy your first CD!)

6:07 PM  
Blogger Hummel Family said...

Are you still breathing, Cammie Dearest!?

JoEllen

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home