::our.little.corner::

.:|home on the range|:.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

I got a job! And another one...


No, I'm not driving a combine! Let me explain first how farming works out here. It's totally different than back home. Farmers out here own so much land that they have to hire custom harvesters to help them cut their corn, milo, and sunflowers. These custom harvesters travel all over the US harvesting for different farmers. They bring all their own equipment, their own men, their own trailers... it's crazy. The custom harvester I'm working for, Carl and Karen (great people) needed help with lunches and laundry. Karen has to get 15 lunch buckets packed and taken out to the fields everyday, so I'm helping her. It's quite fun. It's only 8am to 1pm everyday except Sunday, but I really do like it, I've learned a ton about farming! Here's the twist - I had an interview at First National Bank here in town about 2 1/2 weeks ago - I thought they forgot about me. That's why I took the job with Carl and Karen. Of course, the bank calls yesterday and wants to hire me! I've worked out the hours so that I can do both, and I start at the bank on Monday! Since harvest only lasts until the beginning of November, the people at the bank were very gracious in letting me work the hours out so I can continue to help Karen. Ellie's sitter will be my friend Shana, the same girl who teaches the preschool class in her home. God just seems to be working out all the details, and I am so thankful!

3 Comments:

Blogger Dave & Lynnette Mason said...

Cammie,
I just wanted to thank you for your comments on my husbands blog.
(This is Lynnette Mason) Your words brought me comfort and hope. It's nice to know that people do truly understand how you feel and that have been there personally. God is teaching me soo much right now during this time...but it's hard to not want to just push fast forward to see what God has for us next. I have learned to not value the identity that people give you in what you do...(work) but instead to find my identity in Christ. Thanks for taking time to pray for us. Your prayers and words of encouragement mean alot.
Your fellow Sister in Christ,
Lynnette <><

11:54 AM  
Blogger D&K said...

Josh...would you send me your email address (davidkinnan@yahoo.com). I'd like to do something similar to your video promo. I'd also like to post some audio, but I'm clueless. Thanks bro.

DK

9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cammie this is your long lost friend Sara from Ohio. I am so Happy about your Job(s) and wanted you to know Oct 24 I am going back to the bank. So we will both be tellers. I am so glad things are are right where you want them to be...Love you all...

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home