::our.little.corner::

.:|home on the range|:.

Monday, August 29, 2005

Fruit Loops and Annie




What a great combination, right? I tried to put on Dora, Sesame Street, and the Wiggles. Nope, she wanted to watch Annie. And sing with her mouth full. You always wonder what your kids will be good at when they get older. I wonder if she'll really be a singer, or if this is just a toddler phase. She can sing on pitch, but she doesn't always get all the words. I do love it that she loves musicals! She'd rather watching singing and dancing anyday over a kid's show! I signed her up for dance classes for the fall! We're excited, I hope she can pay attention and follow directions. I'm currently in the process of shopping for ballet and tap shoes. We had a crazy weekend. Yesterday we had "Homecoming Sunday" at our church. It was pretty good. It's nice to return to your roots sometimes and be sentimental. Josh put together a 10 minute video of a pictoral history of the church. It was really cool to go through all the old pictures and understand how the church started, and see how far it's come. Our District Superintendent, Rick Hudgens (used to pastor at Sturgis Wesleyan in Michigan) came and preached. We got to spend some time with him and his wife, Sharon, at the pitch-in dinner after the service. We think they are a great couple, and really enjoyed getting to know them better. On Saturday, Josh and I worked ALL DAY. I clean the fellowship hall and classrooms once a week, and this was my longest day ever. We had a nasty clogged up toilet downstairs. I swear, someone exploded and then tried to clean it up with paper towels. The whole basement stunk, then we had to actually buy a special plumbing tool to get in unclogged! Luckily, my dad is a plumber, so he gave a us a crash course over the phone! Josh worked on the video and re-setting the stage all day. We are tired! I feel like a truck hit me today! My parents are coming to visit on Friday!! I am so excited!! We haven't seen them in 3 months, so I'm ready. They'll be here for a week, and 4 more days can't come soon enough! I'm really missing home this week, and so is Josh. (Just for all of you Richmond residents, did you hear me?! Josh MISSES RICHMOND!!) So their visit will be great, bringing some of home to us. That means lots of cleaning and getting the guest room ready! I better get started!

3 Comments:

Blogger Hummel Family said...

I love Annie! I need to introduce that musical to Caislyn. She'd probably love it too! I hope you guys are staying dry...its been raining all day long today!

Love ya
JoEllen

6:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, tell the Hudgens I said hello if you see them again! I had no idea where they were at and what they were up to now after they left my family's church up in MI.

Did you meet their girls at all? I know that Stephanie married Josh VanAlmen.... I've wondered what Danielle has been up to though.

10:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops, sorry that last one was from Jana. Forgot to put my name on it! :-)

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home