::our.little.corner::

.:|home on the range|:.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

The good news is...

I got to spend Thanksgiving with my family. We're home now, we arrived around 3 pm back to Kansas today. They removed the tube last Friday morning, (and just in case you're wondering, it feels like someone is sucking your insides out with a vacuum as they pull it out) and then I went shopping all day in Indy! : ) We flew to Col. Springs last night and drove home today. All I should have to do is follow up with my regular doctor in a few weeks. I ended up having another procedure done called an ERCP scope, where they put me slightly under and put a scope down my esophogus and looked for whatever might be causing the extra "stuff". They found nothing, but put a stint in to help the drainage flow a little easier. If it doesn't ... (clearing throat sound) "pass", they will have to take it out in about 6 - 8 weeks. 2 days later the tube came out, and they let me come home. Brock - as far as pictures... I still have a hole in my right side that has to close if you'd like to see! JUST KIDDING. We are relieved to be home and I go back to work tomorrow. Summary: my one week trip with Ellie turned into a 2 1/2 week ordeal full of doctor appointments and a very inconvenient tube in my side, Josh flying out, and then forgetting how to turn my DVD player on when I got home. (no joke) Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers! I'm so thankful to get back to normal life!

1 Comments:

Blogger Hummel Family said...

So glad to hear things are getting back to normal! Cammie, We both need to do another Email Update soon!

Love ya

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home